Wednesday, August 02, 2006

PROUD JOURNAL-Updates Daily

Tuesday 1st August 2006- Day out in Dundee
Today Marnie and I went in to the City of Dundee to get our tax back, we visited some friends then I have spent the rest of the day on the computer setting up my blog pages, having a great time, not much sleep though ! Getting excited about Turkey...1 sleeps to go !

Wednesday 2nd August 2006- Day with Rob
Rainy day and miserable as but it didn't stop me from going into Dundee to meet Rob for a drink. We had a drink at Dundee contemporary Arts and then another one or two at local gay bar "Gauger", played camp music in the duke box and had a laugh, we then headed out for a bite-to-eat which was lovely. We then headed off to our hotel room that Rob had organized at the Hilton, the room was great- overlooking the River Tay and the Tay Bridge, we spent the night in listening to music and ordering room service, he spoiled me rotten, he is a total gentleman and I enjoyed his company. Thanks Robin for making me feel so special and thanks for a great night :) ... I'm going to hold onto this one as long as I can

Thursday 3rd August 2006- Exploring Edinburgh
Ok folks , It's official, Edinburgh is my all time favourite city in the world, Its full of life, vibrance and always something to do, if you haven't been there get out there!
We set off around 10 am and headed for Edinburgh, Picked Marnies Cousin up them we were on our way, we got into the city then had lunch at Latasca's ( the best Spanish food I've ever had ) and very reasonably priced, you can get a 3 tapas lunch for £4.95 Bargain! http://www.latasca.co.uk . after lunch we went exploring through the streets, first Princess street, full of great souvenir shops, clothing storejewelryy, you name it this city has it all.As the Festival is on at the moment the place is beamingwith colourfull people, street theatre, live music and lots more, we then changed some £ into Turkish Lira and then walked a bit more. ever heard of 'The Tale of Greyfriars Bobby' ?
We visited the grave of John Gray and Bobby, it was great and while I was there I bumped into a deavolunteer Isabelel that used to work with me at Rocky Bay back at home, it was lovely to see a familiar face. We then went to the harbor where we boarded Marnies uncles ship, the Skandi Navica and had a look on board, it was great.

After here we went back to the port where the Royal Britania was docked, yes Her Majesty, Queen Lizzy was in but she was nowhere to be found, the Yacht was a fine sailing vessel and the cleanest I have ever seen, it weas lit with purple lights and looking pretty spectacular, so we sat in the bar on the jetty admiring her as we drank a few bevies. This was the finale to a great day..Can't wait for tomorrow !
Friday 4th August 2006
Started off with a sleep in til about 11am and then Marns and I headed off to the tax office in Dundee to put our UK tax returns in "Noice". We then went for lunch in the city and got some photos developed from the barbie Q last week, definitelyly some keepers in there, we then did a wee bit of shopping then headed back to Carnoustie to get ready for the big night out at a friend Carols place, some of you would have met Crazy Carol last year when she came to OZ and we went on the boat cruise (the second one). Carol had all her Bairns (children) there and aunties, uncles and all, we had a fantastic night, drank copious amounts of alcohol such as stollies and vodka then Marns and I were taking shots of Ouzo from a 1Lt bottle (gross)..Bottle was emptied, then I thought It was a great Idea for us to call our friends and family in Oz, well those I could remember the numbers, have no idea what time it was in oz when we called...sorry Sean, Nate, Mum, Nanna and Grandad, oh and Jules who is never bloody home!We then danced the night away til 5am.
Saturday 5th August 2006
I will start this entry at 5am , we had a kip on the floor before waking up to the house looking like a bomb had hit it, the girls all layed around talking while Marnie did the dishes, it took her so long coz she was still so drunk and I supervised from the sofa on the living room. Before heading home we stopped of for Maccie D's, World best hangover cure....Oh god I feel minging today ! Gotta pack for Turkey tomorrow, gotta organise stuff so I thought Id do my journal so don'tnt have to face doing any washing (miss you mum) :)
so the rest of the day will be spent dragging my sorry arse around the house ready for the flight to Turkey tomorrow, dead excited. Dinner tonight, rice, chips and curry sauce from the chippie, so much for the weight loss! too tired to cook!
Sunday 6th Ausgust... Turkey here we come woohoo! so excited, adding another country to my list, this makes it 15 since leaving OZ 6 months ago. Just finishes off last mintute packing, getting transfers from Dundee to Glasgow airport so better get my A into G.
Next time you hear from me it will be from Side, Turkey.
hoşça kal- good bye

5 comments:

Pamela J Weatherill said...

OI! There will be no telling tales about me on the damn internet ... it was bad enough when those damn videos popped up the other week ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pamela said *I* could come over here too. Is she playing some strange game with us all AGAIN *Spooky music playing in the background*

Brad said...

Hi mr.fabulous...thanks for popping by! You may want to ask Pamela about the great efforts she went to to provide me with herbs for my cooking class in her first week working there...oh it was hillarious !

Brad said...

Man I just love roast beef!

Pamela J Weatherill said...

Let's make it clear right here and now ... it was LEGAL herbs ha ha!